Sardinia Snapshots

24.9.15

After being back at work for almost two weeks and looking back at these photos I would love to be walking along these beaches again, dipping my feet into the sea with the warmth of the sun on me. That is the beauty of pictures, they freeze a place or moment and you are connected back to it instantly to when it was taken, remembering how you felt. These in particular all make me feel peaceful. They are mostly shots of the sea and beach, it's where we spent most of our time when we weren't eating so much Italian food. Spending seven days refreshing my mind and body was exactly what I needed. I didn't realise it until I was there, how much I was due a break.

We stayed in a town north of the island, right by the beach and the sea. Lots of pizzeria's, although I'm not that much of a pizza lover I did have one of the best pizza's I've had out there. It was a simple cheese and mushroom pizza but it was so good, the dough was perfect. It wasn't the best thing I tasted out there, I had mussels, clams and all of the seafood, so delicious. The absolute highlight for me when it came to food was definitely the pistachio gelato. Heavenly scoops of sweetness, worth travelling all the way back to Italy for. I feel like I came back so full, it was worth indulging for the week.

One day we went dolphin watching, I haven't seen a dolphin in years and as a child they were my favourite. Seeing them swim alongside the boat and come up for a second to show off their fins. On another boat trip we made a few stops to visit smaller islands like the little town, La Maddalena. It felt like what I always imagined an Italian town to feel like, the best way I can describe it is if you picture that you're near the water with lots of coffee shops, gelatarias and small shops full of pretty things. Then we headed to the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. The sea so clear and blue with white sand, I could have stayed there all day. The only way to get there was by boat which makes it even more special.

When I come back home from being away somewhere it always makes me want to explore more. I have a few places in mind for future trips already. It's good to take yourself out of the everyday and reconnect with yourself, visit new places, experience something different. It's what your soul needs, we have to give ourselves that chance to do so. For now I'll close my eyes and think back to when I was at that peaceful place again, until next time. 

Post a Comment

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.