Playlist 006 | Winter Love

24.12.15

Lately it has felt quite warm this winter so far, no snow or frost this Christmas. I love snow and nothing is as stunning as seeing a blanket of white covering the land, the festive feeling is still deep within me. My heart has felt so full of joy and love the past few months. For the first time in a long time I feel like I'm able to enjoy this time of year. Going out to Christmas markets, parties and quick coffee dates, I even got all of the presents wrapped up 2 weeks before the big day. Mostly, I'm looking forward to having a few days off to relax, read, eat good food and spend time with the special people in my life. The last few days I have felt the tiredness kick in and that's when I remind myself that it's important to have time for yourself. Simply getting a few hours extra sleep a night to recharge and refresh before the new year can do the world of good.

Acoustic music is my favourite genre to listen to in winter. When I get a few spare moments to sit back and hear the beautiful lyrics and bars of a song when it's dark outside with fairy lights on and a candle burning, that's when I feel content. I'm not the type of person to put on Christmas songs, except Fairytale of New York, my favourite Christmas song ever. I like to listen to acoustic songs all winter, it makes me feel happy and that is the greatest gift music can give. The strength to make you feel something, anything at all. Looking at this playlist, there is a clear theme and I like the idea of looking back in a few weeks, months or even years and being taken back to this time of my life. Have a listen of this playlist and feel the magic I feel. This is the simplest way to express the happiness and love inside me, I want to spread the feeling to everyone.

I hope you're having a peaceful day at home with all those dear to you at this festive time of year. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, full of love and warmth x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.