Amsterdam Love

15.11.16


Almost as soon as I arrived in Amsterdam, I fell in love with the city. I have wanted to visit Amsterdam for a long time, every time I heard about someones trip there or saw beautiful shots of the canals on Instagram my wanderlust grew. Finally, the other week I made it there. My boyfriend and I went there for our one year anniversary, it was the perfect way to spend the day together. We went for two days and it was just enough time to do almost everything we wanted to do.

We started off by walking through the city centre, past Dam Square and stopped for brunch at Calf & Bloom a nice little place for quick bite and a cup of coffee, the staff were also so friendly. Before we explored some more, we dropped off our bags at the hotel, we stayed at the Boutique Hotel La Belle Vue, it was ideal for one night and in a good location.

It was the perfect autumn day, a chill in the air and the sun was so bright and golden, we walked around by the canals, taking in the beautiful city. Amsterdam is so idyllic, I could even imagine living there. While admiring my surroundings and dodging the cyclists we walked towards Vondelpark, where we hung out for a little while, watching dogs playing around and soaking up the sun.

Our plan was to visit the Anne Frank House but the queue was so long that we decided to give it a miss, we thought we would try and book tickets for the next day before we left but they had sold out. So I would definitely recommend booking tickets beforehand to avoid disappointment. Instead we went to the city centre and into a 'coffeeshop', we were in Amsterdam after all. Then we found a little Italian restaurant for dinner and walked back towards the hotel and picked up some macarons and had a few drinks.

The next day for breakfast we went to Sara's Pancake House, they had so many different topping choices, it was so hard to choose. We decided to book tickets the night before for the Van Gogh museum, I was able to download the tickets to Passbook on my phone and we didn't have to wait in the long queue. We went on a tram to get there quicker and experience how the locals get around the city, you can buy tickets for an hour or 24 hours, ideal for if you're visiting for the day. Before going to the Van Gogh museum we also stopped by the I Amsterdam sign.

We made our way back to the city centre and stopped for lunch at Royal 98, it was lovely and cosy with their own bakery inside. I had the old Amsterdam sandwich, the cheese was delicious and everyone was so friendly. We hung out for a while waiting for the rain to stop out before going back out for a little bit of shopping and had a pistachio dutch waffle before we had to leave. I was sad to say goodbye to this lovely city, it was the perfect little autumn city break and I had the most wonderful time with my love.

Amsterdam, it was amazing. I'll be back again one day soon.

Post a Comment

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.