Delicious Oat and Raisin Bars

27.11.16


I love finding new recipes that are full of good stuff. Especially sweet treats that I can have for breakfast when I'm in a rush or a snack to keep me going and won't make me feel bad.

The Deliciously Ella recipe books and website are some of my go-to places to find good, nutritious recipe ideas. I love how Ella's books encourages fuelling your body with food that makes you feel good and looking after yourself inside and out. I have tried a few savoury recipes and smoothies but this is the first one I've tried that is on the sweeter side. I tweaked the recipe a little but you can find the original on the Deliciously Ella website.

This is a great one because I have most of the ingredients in the cupboard. I had to pick up a few things but once you have them you can make it again and again. It's really simple to make and perfect if you have an hour on a Sunday to do some baking and then you have these delicious bars ready for the week ahead.


Ingredients
Makes 10 bars

200 grams of oats
10 pitted medjool dates (200g)
150ml of water
75 grams of raisins
50 grams of sunflower seeds
1 and a half tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of chia seeds with 8 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Begin by pre-heating the oven to 200C. Combine the chia seeds and water in a cup, leave the mix for ten to 15 minutes until gel forms. Next, put the dates into a saucepan with the coconut oil to melt for around 5 minutes until the dates are soft. Then, put the dates and coconut oil mix into a blender with the water until a smooth paste forms. Put the oats, sunflower seeds, raisins and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and stir in the date mixture. Then pour the mixture into a lined baking tray, place in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.



SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Post a Comment

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.