Blueberry and Banana Breakfast Bars

27.2.17



On a Sunday afternoon I like to pot around the house and think about my plans for the next week. Naturally I start thinking about what meals I'll be making. Lunch and dinner I find quite easy, I often make double at dinner time and have the rest for lunch the next day. Breakfast is a little tricky. At the weekend I love slow mornings and taking my time to make a good wholesome breakfast. 

During the weekdays I will sometimes skip breakfast or have a smoothie. I don't really have an appetite when I first wake up or give myself much time to make a proper breakfast. So I like to make breakfast bars for the week every now and then. They're so quick and easy to make and I can simply bring a bar with me to work and eat it when I'm ready. 

If you're like me and need some quick breakfast ideas, give these a try. They're delicious and keep you going until lunch time. 
 

Ingredients 
Makes 12

2 ripe bananas
225 grams oats
100 grams blueberries
100ml almond milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
2 tablespoons cashew butter
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey (or agave syrup for vegans)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray/tin with baking paper. Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth and place into a large bowl. Add in the oats, almond milk, cashew butter, cinnamon, honey and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix everything together. Then fold in the blueberries gently. Once everything is combined, pour into the baking tray and smooth the mixture so it's about 2 centimetres thick. Put the tray into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Leave to cool, cut into bars and enjoy!

Post a Comment

latest instagram posts

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.