Twenty Five

29.7.17


It didn't feel that long ago that I was writing about turning 24. I started this little tradition to check in with how my life is going around my birthday a few years ago. It's a good measuring point. Especially as it's just over half way through the year. And for the first time I'm looking back and I'm finding it quite difficult to summarise the year in a few words. 

It was a year that I feel like I learnt more about myself and what I want in life. There have been so many ideas going around in my head, some have been little things that I can do to make everyday life better and some are bigger ideas for the future. I've had some truly wonderful days and then there have been more challenging days when all I wanted to do was runaway. 


The year has been a journey. That is what life is, after all. 

Before sitting down to write this, I had a look at what I wrote this time last year when I turned 24 and I made a list of a few things I wanted to do in my 24th year. Most of them were small things but I feel like I can say I did all of them and continuing them now. it makes me feel better knowing I have made little steps towards being a better person. 


So I thought I would make a new list for 25. Some are quite similar to last years but are important to me and I want to be more mindful of them. There are also some big ones on the list that I'm pretty excited about but also gives me those nervous butterflies. They are all good things that I'm already itching to get ticked off. 



My to do list at twenty five

  • Buy a home 
  • Begin to meditate 
  • Practice calligraphy 
  • Run 5K
  • Focus more time on the blog
  • Travel and explore more of the world
  • Make the next step in my career
  • Cook more plant based meals 
  • Write in my journal and just write
  • Spend more quality time with friends and family

Lately I have felt inspired to do begin working on these good things. Turn some of those ideas into something real. To be the person I know is deep inside me and let them run free. And most of all feel happier in myself and remembering to believe that I can do anything I want. I wonder where life will take me a year from now. 



What are you working on right now to make your life great? 



Post a Comment

latest instagrams

© The Night is Wild. Design by Fearne.